An interview with Becky Drinnen, a fellow adoptee who shares her experiences as a baby scoop adoptee and the pain of secondary rejection. We also discuss her Sherlock-Holmes-level searching skills to find her biological father.
Topics We Discussed
- Baby Scoop Era
- “First born” adoptee, then adoptive parents had two biological children
- Searching (pre-internet) during the early 1980s
- Secondary rejection
- Keeping her own child after an unexpected pregnancy
- Adoption Network Cleveland
- My Family Tree DNA Kit, Ancestry.com, Spokeo.com
- Martha Beck, Life Coaching
- Search & Reunion with biological father
- Frank Ligtvoet, "On the Venerable American Bar Association or the Myth of Normal and Good in Adoption"
- Ann Fessler, The Girls Who Went Away
- Connecting with the adoptee community (not just online but) in person: adoptees, adoptive parents, biological mothers/fathers.
Connect With Us
- Becky Conrad Drinnen: Twitter | Facebook | puzzlesandpossibilities.com
- Haley Radke: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Adoptees On: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook