Can you really be adopted back into your family of origin? Today I get to introduce you to Jemma Sullivan, and she shares some incredibly painful realities of having a narcissistic adoptive parent, it’s not all gloom and doom though - I promise you need to wait to hear what happens at the beginning of Jemma’s new chapter with her first mother.
Things We Touched On
- Struggles with a narcissistic adoptive mother
- Black Sheep to Giraffe illustration by Dr. Karyl McBride Giraffe Story by Dr. Karyl McBride - YouTube
- Stretches of estrangement from her adoptive family
- Searching for her first mother and their reunion
- What finally broke her relationship with her adoptive parents.
- Adopted back in the state of Florida; law initially in place for a family to adopt adults who have aged out of the foster care system
- New neuroscience reveals 4 rituals that will make you happy | Ladders
- The Primal Wound: Understanding the Adopted Child By: Nancy Newton Verrier
- Will I Ever Be Good Enough?: Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers By: Karyl McBride, PhD
- Juli Alvarado Alvarado Consulting Group, founded by Juli Alvarado
Connect With Us
- Jemma Rose: Twitter
- Haley Radke: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Adoptees On: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook