Doug Umberger has spent hours and hours interviewing adoptees to find out how digital media has impacted their search and eventually their relationships with biological families. He shares his personal journey of searching for his birthmother through digital media channels, and how ultimately what convinced him to press pause on his search for now. Doug recounts a few of his participants’ experiences for us, and I want you to listen with me for both the benefits that relationships via digital connections have brought and also some of the relational pitfalls.
- Needles and Haystacks: How Adoptees Find their Birth Families through Digital Media by Doug Umberger
- Three Little Words: A Memoir by Ashley Rhodes-Courter
- Bonus for my Canadian listeners Senate Committee on Social Affairs, Science and Technology; search for Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 7:00 PM-9:00 PM (Senate Committee SOCI meeting no. 86) and mentioned in the meeting is the Australian apology you can watch here Prime Minister Gillard delivers apology to victims of forced adoption in Australia
Connect With Us
- Doug Umberger: Twitter | Instagram | dougumberger.tumblr.com
- Haley Radke: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Adoptees On: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook