An interview with Maeve Kelly who shares her story of search and secondary rejection from her biological mother. We discuss some deep feelings and how our views of adoption have shifted as we became parents.
Topics We Discussed
- Catholic Charities
- Non-identifying information incorrect, adoption agency made up details
- Turning off emotions of loss
- Search and secondary rejection
- Shifting views of adoption after having children
- Adopted vs biological children
- What does “out of the fog” mean?
- Normalizing adoptee feelings of grief and loss; adoptee guilt
- Reunion with biological siblings
- Adoptee triggers - family resemblance, strangers that look like us, etc.
Connect With Us
- Maeve: [Send Maeve a note via our website] (https://www.adopteeson.com/connect)
- Haley Radke: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Adoptees On: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook