Karen Pickell, author of An Adoptee Lexicon, shares candidly about how growing up she felt intensely different than her adoptive family. We talk about how challenging it is to know who you are when you don’t know where you came from. Karen also tells us the realities of what adoption reunion really looks like for her and what role nature vs nurture plays in her life.
- An Adoptee Lexicon by Karen Pickell
- The Emotionally Absent Mother: A Guide to Self-Healing and Getting the Love You Missed by Jasmin Lee Cori
Connect With Us
- Karen Pickell: Twitter | Facebook | karenpickell.com | adopteereading.com
- Haley speaking in Washington, DC: April 2019 americanadoptioncongress.org
- Haley Radke: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Adoptees On: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook