What happens when your reunion fails? Pam Cordano, MFT returns to the Healing Series to help us focus in on ways we can find our identity without a connection to our biological family.
Topics We Discussed
- For those of us who have a positive reunion, sometimes we see others having a failed reunion and we feel guilty about our own happiness.
- A range of reunion challenges - door slam, complete refusal, one foot in the door, letter from a lawyer, no answer
- Are we only showing a “false self” so that they accept us? Or can we show our “real selves”?
- How do I figure out who I am if I’ve been rejected from reunion, and haven’t been given the opportunity to find myself that I expected?
- Things to watch out for that are unhealthy responses to reunion fail and advice for finding our identity post-reunion fail.
- Some practices that Pam shares we could do regularly to help us work on healing.
- Registration info for American Adoption Congress Conference in Washington, DC April 3 - 6, 2019
Connect With Us
- Pamela Cordano, MFT: www.pamelacordanomft.com | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Email pcordano(at)comcast(dot)net for info on the Adoptee Healing Retreat or the Pilgrimage for Women
- Haley Radke: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Adoptees On: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook