Meet Gareth Price, a magical realism artist from New Zealand. We talk a lot about what being an adoptee feels like and the accompanying anger that Gareth tells me he’s dealt with all his life. Gareth and I chat about his art, his twin sister, and his reunion with his birth mother.
Topics We Discussed
- Gareth and his twin sister were adopted at birth; their birthmother is also an adoptee
- Reunion with his birthmother, and how things have deteriorated over the last few years.
- Gareth’s piece The Resurrection of Ophelia
- Gareth’s piece The Entomologist’s Dream
- Dealing with anger and where our adoptee anger stems from
- What types of things help with healing from trauma? Painting, therapy, listening to other adoptees share their stories.
- Check out Gareth’s artwork here
- Shannon Peck
- Finding music and visual art that inspires you. Gareth likes Radiohead, Boards of Canada, Prince, and many others; paintings by Salvador Dali and Alex Gross.
Connect With Us
- Gareth Price: Facebook | www.garethprice.co.nz
- Haley Radke: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Adoptees On: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook