Today you are invited into a conversation between Anne Heffron and her ex-husband Ryan Iwanaga. They tell us about their marriage, the things that pulled them apart, and we talk about what they’ve done since their divorce in order to co-parent well and have a peaceful relationship as friends.
Topics We Discussed
- How Anne and Ryan met and first started dating
- How married life began, what was great, what was challenging
- How being adopted affects relationships
- How they navigate their relationship and parenting their daughter post-divorce
- While still honouring their current circumstances, we talk about what could have been different and what couples can do before it gets to the breaking point.
- Get into couples counselling. Do it now! Address the simple issues early, build your relationship toolkit now and don’t get stuck when the rocky times come along.
- Home - The Roll Model Roll Model by Jill Miller
- Ryan challenges us: Don’t be afraid to ask and communicate with your spouse. It’s ok to ask about the sadness.
Connect With Us
- Anne Heffron: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram 1 and 2! | Email: anneheffron(at)gmail(dot)com | anneheffron.com
- Ryan Iwanaga: Facebook
- Haley Radke: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Adoptees On: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook